Sunday, May 23

Two Choices

Choose your path


Dear guys, here's a very moving and motivating story which I want to share with you all. Hope we can get something useful out of it!


Jerry is a restaurant manager. He is always in a good mood no matter what happened to him. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would always reply, "If I were any better, I would have a twins!". Many of the waiters at the restaurant quit their job when he changed job so they can follow him around from restaurant to restaurant.


Why? Because Jerry was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Jerry was always there telling the employee how to look at the bright side of the situation. Seeing this style was made me curious, so one day I went up to Jerry and ask him: "I don't get it! No one can be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?". Jerry replied: " Each morning I wake up and say to myself, I have two choices today. I can choose to be in good mood or I can choose to be in bad mood. I always choose to be in good mood".


Each time something bad happened, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I always choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of live. 


I always choose the positive side of live.


"But its not always that easy". I protested. "Yes it is". Jerry said. You can choose how to react to situation. you choose how people will effect your mood. You choose to be in good mood or bad mood. 


Several years later,


I heard that Jerry accidentally did something you never suppose to do in restaurant business. He left the back door of his restaurant open. And then, in the morning. He was robbed by three armed men. What they want? !%$*$$#@@@#%%%!!


While Jerry was trying to open the safe box, his hand shaking from nervousness, slipped of the combination. The robbers panicked and shot him. Luckily, Jerry was found quickly and rushed to the hospital. After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Jerry was released from the hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body...


I saw Jerry after six month of the accident. When I asked him how he was. He replied: "If I were any better, I'd be twins. Want to see my scars?". I declined to see his wound, but did asked him what had gone through his mind when as the robbery took place.


"The first thing that went through my mind that I should have look the back door," Jerry replied. "Then after they shot me, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I have two choices: I could choose to live or I could choose to die. I choose to live." Jerry continued, "The paramedics were great. They were keep telling I was going be fine. But when they wheeled me to emergency room, and I saw the expression on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. I know i need to take action. 


"What did you do?" I asked. "Well, there was a big nurse shouting question at me," Said Jerry. "She asked if I was allergic to anything."


"Yes" I replied. The doctors and nurses stop working as they waited for my answer. I took a deep breath and yelled, "Bullets!"


Over their laughter I told them, "I am choosing to live. Please operate on me as if I am alive, not dead." Jerry lived thanks to skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I learnt from him that everyday to have the choice to either enjoy your life or to hate it. The only thing that is truly your - that no one can take control or take from you is your attitude, so if you can take care of that, everything else in life becomes much easier. 


Now you have to choices to make. Either you want to be in good mood or bad mood. I choose to be in good mood!

1 comment:

zura said...

i like....thanks..dis story help me much....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails